Thursday 29 July 2010

Fun day at the beach

One of my good friends from church (not that I think I have any BAD friends!) is up here visiting family just now as well. We agreed a couple of days ago that we would get together on the beach today as the weather forecast was favourable. It wasn't hot sunshine but it was dry and not cold, and we are hardy types, so off we went.

My friend, Angela, has three children (aged 5,3 and 9 months). Her husband is studying for the ministry so he is back at home just now while she is on holiday here, giving him a little bit of peace in the house to study for up-coming exams! He is also one of my husbands closest friends.

Also at the beach today with us were Angela's sister, Ann Mairi, husband and family of four children (aged 12, 9, 5 and 1) and 2 of their friends, and also their dog, so we were quite the crowd.

Ann Mairi provided the barbecue for us and then it was off to play in the sand and to brave the sea. The temperature was around 18c maximum today and the sea here NEVER warms up but it was fun!

I think I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking. Before you scroll down though, I should just say that this island has the most beautiful, unspoilt, unpopulated beaches in the world.


Told you!


Isn't that just perfect?


'Hurry up and eat. Let's go and play!'



 
The tide was going out so it didn't take long for this fort to run out of water!



 
Calum (7) was the first to brave the waters.



                                               
This photo was supposed to show that I was brave enough to go in the icy seas but was taken too close. I really did go in though!


 
I can't think of a caption to do this justice!







 






Little man loved playing in the soft white sand.




This isn't my hubby falling over, but landing after dune-jumping. I could never get a photo of anyone mid-air.




So there we have it. Fun for everyone and some very sleepy boys in the car afterwards!

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a GLORIOUS day!! The pictures are so fun!!! And you are so right, the beaches are breath taking! I just loved looking at all the faces of the kids. They are so so sweet!

    Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Kirsteen. Dare I say that nice as these beaches are....(you guessed it!) - the ones on THIS side of the island are THE BEST!!!
    Love, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kirsteen! Thanks for your comment on my blog today!

    These pics of the beach look wonderful! I LOVE the beach. It's one of my favorite places to visit. We won't be going this summer since we just spent 5 weeks in Ukraine so I really enjoyed your beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.