Tuesday 3 August 2010

Double Celebration

I metnioned in my last post that my brother, wife and boys are at my parent's on holiday just now too. Well, at the weekend we not only celebrated our wedding anniversary but my oldest nephew turned eight years old. That's him at the back left of the photo.


It was very cute to see each of the boys almost as excited as the birthday boy when it was time to open his presents.

My sister-in-law is an excellent cake decorator and after spending several hours in the kitchen (and with a little help from my brother) this is the cake that she made.

Impressive, huh?! For anyone not sure who it is, it's the main character from the computer game Zelda, who I thought for ages was also called Zelda (as surely logic would call it after the main guy?) but have been reliably informed by my boys is actually called Link. Zelda is the princess, I think. Confussed? Anyway, the cake looks just like the character it's meant to be!

Not only was there a Madeira Cake under all that icing but the shield was made of a wheat & dairy free cake for my 7 year old, Calum.His birthday is the next in line so I can already feel the pressure building for an impressive cake!

Finally, I knew there was a photo I'd forgotten to post on my anniversary post.

My hubby drew this in the sand the other day when we were at the beach and said it was for my blog. And there is a little token of that love crawling along the top!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kirsteen! Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment. There's something about that 3rd child. :) I'm so glad you found me. My 5th son's middle name is Renwick, named after James Renwick, the Scottish Covenanter. We are Covenanters at heart. I'm enjoying your blog and look forward to visiting again. Thanks for following. I'm now your newest follower! :)

    Lisa xoxo
    http://RaisingFutureLeaders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kirsteen,
    It was so nice to have you pop in on my blog. I have noticed your comments on Homeschool on the croft's blog, and I am so glad to get to meet you. I love your gorgeous wedding pictures below. So lovely. Also enjoyed reading about all of your boys and their activities; very sweet. Look forward to reading more.
    Many blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, impressive cake, that really IS Link!!

    Hope you had a happy anniversary :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.