Wednesday 15 February 2012

Tea & Cake

It's the half term school holidays here just now and for once the weather is actually playing ball. February is often our harshest month here weatherwise but the last two days have seen the temperature go from freezing to the dizzy heights of 12°C.

I'm under no illusion that it will last though, as the forecast is for snow and ice to return by the weekend.

The boys have had a good holiday so far.We agreed that if they helped me with my Monday chores then that would mean I could do more stuff with them for the rest of the week.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon at the swimming pool. It was lots of fun but poor Alasdair's eczema is suffering a bit from it today.

Today the older two boys went to an archery class, along with one of their cousins.

And then tonight we got the table all laid out nicely for supper as my mum was coming down for a holiday.






Before heading out to the airport we set out my granny's china....





...added some flowers to the table (thanks to my beloved for these)...





...got the teapot ready....





...and set out the cake



Then when we were back from the airport, and the boys were done showing granny all the new stuff they have got/made since the last time she was here (August), we added some freshly made bread to the table, filled up the teapot and had a lovely cosy supper.

Then it was time to show granny a few more Lego things that she might not have seen before!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Your table looks beautiful! Your granny's china is so pretty! Enjoy you visit w/ your mom/mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! It looks beautiful! Hope you have a great time with your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tea looks delicious and beautiful!!! I love all the pictures too! I am glad the boys are getting some decent weather for their holiday.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.