Monday 12 March 2012

Make it Monday - Crochet Granny Square Blanket

Lifeinmyhousefulofboys

It's almost done.


While the boys were all watching a shinty match on Saturday afternoon (a few photos tomorrow), I watched from the car and finished crocheting my squares together.





I just have to finish off the border now. 


I didn't have a pattern for the whole blanket, but the granny squares I found here. It's a really easy square to make and there is a super tutorial with photos for any beginner or tentative crocheters out there!


For my blanket and it's border, in my head I saw a thin pink stripe in between a couple of rounds of the cream. But once I had finished the pink round I thought I might leave it there. 



Just to be sure though, I started another round of cream to see how it would look, and realised that my original plan was best and a final cream round will finish it off nicely. 

So, I'm half way through the final cream edge and should have it done tonight.

Then I can take a photo of it in the daylight tomorrow to show you all.


2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! Sarah has started some granny square making too. They are quite addictive, I think! Can't wait to see the whole finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are just right. Beautiful! :)

    ambar in puerto rico
    (Take 3 of trying to post a comment)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.