Thursday 19 July 2012

A kind of recipe of the week...

Normally on a Thursday Is when I would post a recipe of the week here, but since we are still on holiday at my parents' I thought I would instead share with you this wonderful cake that Calum (9) made today for his Auntie.


My brother, sister in law and their three boys arrived at my parents' today for a holiday as well. Last week was my sister in law's birthday, but as we didn't see her on her birthday Calum made this for her today instead.


He did it entirely on his own, even adjusting the quantities needed to make a bigger cake.


The recipe is my Victoria Sponge recipe, which you can find on the 'Wheat &Dairy free recipes tab' at the top, with some purple colouring added. He tried to make each layer slightly darker than the previous one. The decor was all his own work too - pretty neat lettering, don't you think?


 

 

 












It tasted just as good as it looked, and with 7 young boys, 8 if you include my 15 year old brother, it didn't take long to fly off that plate!

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to take baking lessons from Calum. I tried to make a layer cake the other day, and while it tasted delish, it wasn't nearly as neat and pretty-looking as his!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.