Saturday 14 July 2012

Things I'm loving...

There are lots of things to love in the holidays, but the best part of this week was our trip to one of the most beautiful spots on the island.


The Outer Hebrides are famous for long, white, clean sandy beaches but this one has to be one of the best.


I'm pretty sure you will all agree that you would be hard pushed to find a more beautiful spot than this bay. in fact, I think it was recently voted one of the top 10 beaches in the world!


I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking.


These first ones are taken from the car on the drive to the beach.








 

Quite impressive, huh?!


Wait till we hit the beach!



Ready?


OK.












Doesn't that make your heart glad?




While I would like to say that the beautiful, Tropical looking waters were lovely and warm....well, let's not forget it's still Scotland....they weren't. But once you got used to the cold it was kind of pleasant!



We played a little football....





...looked for shells......







....built some sandcastles......




....and just enjoyed the surroundings!





 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm a sucker for beaches, and I can see why this one has such appeal! Incredible :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely breath-taking, Kirsteen! I can certainly see why it would be in the top 10!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I love the landscape! Looks like you had a wonderful time and I'd have one, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.