Saturday 2 February 2013

Things I'm loving...

A few things I've been loving this week.


Spring still seems a long way off.

I imagine we have at least 6 weeks of winter ahead of us, so until the first signs of spring start appearing outside, it's nice to have a few touches of it inside.

 


These little daffodils were planted by the boys before Christmas.



I love my new mugs.

I had been admiring these before Christmas but decided against buying them. I'm glad I held off as I got them this week for less than half price!



 




Loving the playdough food that Alasdair has been making me.

These are 'biscuits with icing'.
 



James is still very busy building and painting the models he got for his birthday.

He's got a little assistant too, who he lets paint the undercoats.





 


I love how the boys love to help me with the food shopping each week.

The fact that they often get a treat in the cafe before or after may, or may not, have something to do with their enthusiasm :0)



Lastly, football mad David was finally able to join the football training that his older cousin goes to last week. He had to wait until he was 7 before he could join this class, which is for 7-9 year olds.

He absolutely loved his first week and then this week he came running out with the trophy for player of the week.




Can you tell how proud he is of it?!

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Love the mugs, and that cafe treat looks so sinfully good!! And your proud little man - awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw loving the daffodils - must be nice to have the spring colour cheering up the place whilst you wait for the real thing outside! Wahoo for player of the week too! I always treat the boys to something (usually let them choose something in the bulk bin foods section like crackers or lollies) when we do the weekly shop, it keeps my sanity :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the daffodils. I got a Amaryllis Bulb for Christmas, but haven't planted it yet. You have me inspired to get some soil for it and get to it. I have another in a pot that I got several years ago from the girls, and it comes up faithful every year. I cut off the dead when its done and put it in the closet until late winter, and then bring it out and start watering again, and now its coming up. All your activities are sweet. I love that the boys go shopping with you (and I can't say I blame them about looking forward to the treat afterwards... its part of a sweet memory you have made with them to be sure). Marie and Elizabeth's little one's are doing play dough food right now too. I have the sweetest video of them making play dough pizza. Ezra got a set of those little molds with play dough for his birthday. They have been off internet since they moved, so I am hungry to see more... perhaps soon. Anyhow your precious posts always bless me. Have a great week.

    Love and Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.