Tuesday 12 August 2014

Anniversary Cake


A couple of weeks ago my husband and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary.






I'm not sure what that girl would have thought if you had told her that 16 years later she would be the mother of 5 boys!





I know she wouldn't swap it for anything now!



Anyway, in my opinion all celebrations need cake.

My first choice of cake would always be chocolate, but it wouldn't be my husband's and so I decided to make a carrot cake instead. That way I could even kid myself that it was healthy too!

I was aiming for an old fashioned, rustic kind of look with the cake and didn't want to decorate it too much but I did want it to look different from an everyday kind of cake. That's when I remembered about this printable cake bunting I had pinned to a Pinterest board a while back. (Click here for the printable)



printable chalkboard bunting that you can download to add a bit of chalkboard festiveness to your cakes, cupcakes, and pies




It was just the look I was after for the cake and you could use it for any occasion.















Rustic and old fashioned, a bit like our marriage?

Well, I guess it's old fashioned by today's standards but maybe not quite so rustic!



1 comment:

  1. I tried to comment on this from my phone...but see I didn't quite do something correctly. :$
    At any rate, your wedding picture is LOVELY! And the cake and mini banner just wonderful!
    You are also beautiful in the picture w/ your handsome young men!
    Happy (belated) Anniversary, Kirsteen and Andy!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.