Thursday 21 August 2014

First school work

I shared this on the Facebook page the other day so some of you may have already seen this, but for those of you who haven't, this is the very first piece of work that Alasdair (5) did when he started school.

 

 

'Is mise' is mi-she (small I sound, like mint without the nt & small e sound, like shed without the d!) is the Gaelic for 'I am' and he has drawn a lovely picture of himself.

 

He always draws Fraser in his pictures of himself too and that's him at the bottom.

 

The other wee thing in the picture is my parents' dog. I'm not sure why he decided to add him!

 

And if you look at his face there is a line beside one of his eyes. That's meant to be a patch of eczema he had on his face and had scratched a little, making it look like a little red line.

 

He thought it all out very carefully!

2 comments:

  1. This is so, so precious. I loved seeing it and reading your explanation of each part. There is something very special about these mementos of raising children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! What a thoughtful artist!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.