Tuesday 3 February 2015

Makings - Granny's Cushion

Well the deadline worked.

 

My mum flew home on Friday night with a neatly wrapped cushion cover for my granny in her suitcase.

 

I used Stylecraft Special DK yarn but I don't know the name of the two purples as they were from my stash basket. I love how they look together though.

 

 
 
 
I ran out of the lighter purple when working on the v-stitch back so I decided to pretend that it was meant to be like this and finished it off with the cream since it's such a dominant colour on the front anyway.
 
And actually I'm quite glad that it worked out that way!
 

 

Granny loved it too, which was the most important thing.
 
I also had time to make up this sweet little heart hanging for my aunt.
 

 

The pattern for the heart is from, yes you've guessed, Attic 24!

 

Now it's back to my stripey blanket and to finish off January's cross stitch pattern before I can start February's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading everyone's comments, so thank-you for taking the time to leave them! I try and respond to them here too, so do check back later on.