I mentioned last week that I have a couple of new crochet projects on the go.
When I finished the big stripey blanket I had little bits of each of the 16 colours leftover and I decided I would try and use them up.
First of all I thought about making granny squares out of a random order of the colours but that idea didn't really grab me. Then I remembered my old favourite, the Maybelle Flower Square (pattern here). I decided I would make the flowers out of each of the colours and frame them all in a neutral colour.
I'm really pleased with how the first few are looking.
I have no idea how big this blanket will be as I'm restricting myself to only using the colours left over from the stripey blanket, plus the new neutral one. I haven't made the flowers out of all the colours yet, and the ones I have made here haven't used up all of those colours yet either so I'm just going to see how it goes!
It's looking quite plain at the moment but look how pretty it is once the colours are added!
I think it will be the perfect shawl for a Scottish summer!